Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April Snow Update

After all the panic, no snow fell in DeKalb. Tuesday saw a rather nasty day of mist to light rain conditions. According to the National Weather Service out of Romeoville, Illinois (the Chicago office), there was some pea-sized hail in the region.

Throughout the day Tuesday, I mostly walked in light rain. On my way back from my morning class, I did see some snow-like precipitation, but very little. I saw a few small flakes (probably about 5-10 in total), and a little frozen precip, but for the most part it was rain.

Conditions are currently sunny and warming. Currently it is 59 degrees, and temperatures in the low 80's could be seen Friday and Saturday. I am getting this straight from the National Weather Service today, as I am a little time crunched. However, we will be entering a 500 mb ridge, which should keep our weather nice. I'd better wrap this up, because I still have a lot to do before the end of the week. I'll get another post up as soon as I can.

1 comment:

  1. boo yah! 80 degrees! it's like jesus is casting fira on us.

    ReplyDelete