Sunday, March 29, 2009

Storm Video/Pictures

Wow. It has been a while since my last post. Since then, there has been some pretty crazy weather. Here is some video and pictures to enjoy.


The first is from March 9. This was the day before the "Man vs. Machine" contest. I was on spring break, and what a way to start it with some severe weather. There was a tornadic storm roughly twenty miles northwest of Alton, IL. Here are the SPC Storm Reports from that day. From my house, I was standing in the inflow. It was relatively calm, and then strong sustained winds blew in the direction of the storm. I have a short video clip of the inflow.






Next, I have some pictures from DeKalb, IL. This is from the rather wicked snowstorm on March 28. These pictures were taken March 29 at around 2:15 pm. Unfortunately, the snow had started to melt, so I could not capture the full effect of the storm on camera. Earlier in the morning, the snow was much higher than what I caught on camera later in the day. I regret not getting some pictures of the higher snow, but I have some pictures nonetheless.




Well, that is all for this post. Just posting these few things for now. Hopefully another forecast will be coming up soon, but school has to take priority.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Chuck. I took some photos as well, but mine are mostly frosted trees.

    ReplyDelete